9. I am prone to wander, and thus I cry out for your grace, keep me from going astray, show me from Your Word how to keep my way pure.
9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.
10. This is my supplication: I seek for, long for you. Use your Word as your means of grace in me, that I might find you and know you.
10 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!
11. Move and enable me to read, mark, learn, remember, and memorize your Word in such a way that it gets into and takes a hold of my heart.
11 I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
12. Blessed LORD, please be my teacher. Teach me your Word by your Spirit, and help me to learn what you teach.
12 Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes!
13. By your Spirit cause your Word would be on my lips, that I might declare and proclaim it to other people.
13 With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth.
14. Make me to love, value, and delight in your Word more than anything in all the world.
14 In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches.
15. Empower me to meditate on and marinate in your Word, so that the eyes of my heart would be fixed and focused on your ways.
15 I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.
16. Grant that I will not stop delighting in your Word, nor forget it
16 I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
“Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love,
Here’s my heart, oh take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above”
~ Robert Robinson